The Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) is established to further fulfil the AOGS vision "In Asia for Asia and the World”. RAC members are AOGS advocates who:
- Promote and advise on the allocation of resources and services that will support geosciences research and scholarships in their home countries.
- Provide community-based support in planning and prompting AOGS strategic master plan and processes.
RAC Mission is to develop AOGS into the largest non-profit, geoscience networking group in Asia and their main goals are to:
- Enhance membership and participation from the geoscientists in ASEAN and India.
- Promote multi-lateral academic interaction among various research labs.
- Identify opportunities that address diversity, equity and inclusion.